Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 33:48 — 30.9MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Email | RSS
In this Monday Night Live Derek is Joined by Tim ‘Texan’ Durkin to Discover Your Potential: Insights from Tim’s Book ‘Moving from Promise to Performance’.
Here’s a summary of the interview with Tim:
- Cattle guards can represent the self-imposed limitations we place on ourselves, and we should break free from them.
- We should be keepers of the flame in our own lives, carrying the fire and not letting others extinguish it.
- Small acts of quality can have a ripple effect and plant seeds that grow beyond our immediate awareness.
- “Next time” is a better phrase to use than “should have done” as it focuses on the future and is non-judgmental.
- Tim answered questions about Silicon Valley Bank, tipping, fire pits and their impact on global warming, and guns in Texas.
- Owning guns is a very American idea, but there should be Red Flag laws to take away guns from people who have been deemed a mental case.
- It’s important to respect individuals who hold different opinions or beliefs.